Natural Balance Foods

Healthy Upgrades To Indulgences

Healthy Upgrades To Indulgences

Allowing ourselves a little bit of indulgence doesn’t always have to be a bad thing for us; everything in moderation is the way to go! Indulgences can even offer up some benefits if we go about it the right way! Rich Enion from Enrichd.com has come up with some brilliant alternatives to your indulgences and pleasures to give our commonly consumed foods, drinks and snacks an upgrade to a different level of nutrition and nourishment. Check them out below.

Hot chocolate 

Choose organic, raw cacao from a trusted source and add a little cinnamon (warming), reishi and chaga (Four Sigmatic are my favourites in the UK - high quality and easy to prepare).  Replace sugar with raw local honey for extra nutrients!

Eat probiotic foods/drinks regularly 

Foods like unpasteurized sauerkraut with your dinner or kombucha and Jun (fermented drinks) may enhance the health of your gut, which can increase your overall health. A few years ago I did a 30-day challenge; eating or drinking fermented at least once per day, I’ve never looked back!

Food-based supplements in smoothies

I didn’t use to be a fan of these when I was in a strict paleo mindset, but after having come to my senses in realising that the world we live in today is different from the one we inhabited hundreds of years ago with careers, living in cities, families, pollution and time travel (I mean flights) all being potential stresses, I discovered it might be a good idea to give your body an extra boost. My favourites are spirulina, greens powders, seaweeds, and of course the medicinal mushrooms.

Soups 

Soups are great! Comforting and hearty they add in a health kick with a smattering of some spirulina or seaweeds for extra minerals. Trial a selection of soups right here on Natural Balance Food’s recipes like this delicious Pesto & White Bean Soup which uses a phenomenal selection of ingredients to satisfy the palate and the body! 

When snacking drop the refined sugar!

Who doesn’t snack throughout the day? Try exchanging those refined sugar over- processed foods with more wholefood snacks. Try a handful of nuts or a small portion of dried apricots. Or, if you’re really in the mood to indulge a little then why not try yummy Nakd Posh Bits which deliver some truly intriguing and rich flavours such as Cocoa Sea Salt and Cocoa Mandarin. The twist? They’re all made with completely natural and straight-up ingredients!

X HI THERE!

It looks like you're based in the United States
Would you like to shop from our US store?

Shop now