Natural Balance Foods

How To Indulge The Right Way This Christmas

How To Indulge The Right Way This Christmas

Dragons’ Den success and Motivational Lifestyle Expert Richard Enion (founder of Enrichd.Org) has kindly offered some tips to ensure you enjoy a truly healthy, happy and wholesome Christmas. Richard has been travelling the World for almost a decade now, researching, writing, delivering talks and workshops on lifestyle and health. Here are some really impactful tips to take into your festive lifestyle... enjoy!

You can follow Rich on your favourite social media through @EnrichdOrg or visit his site at Enrichd.Org!

OK, I’m here to let you in on a few secrets that I, along with other world-class health coaches, practice and teach when it comes to living a life free of dieting and restriction, yes, you truly can have your seasonal indulgences! (Remember, the key to these tips actually working is…. trying them!)

NUMERO UNO - Give yourself the freedom to eat an equally tasty alternative!

Perhaps the most important tip of all is giving yourself the freedom to indulge. But when you do, you can choose something that’s equally tasty and may actually be beneficial for you like a Nakd bar, coconut yoghurt or high-quality dark chocolate! That’s not to say go wild swimming in fizzy drinks and exfoliating with crisps… but to choose your favourite whole food alternative.

TOP TIP: Eat your treats and choose wisely. And, if you slip up and feel “regret” go easy on yourself, take a walk to help it digest.

NUMERO DOS - Choose quality

OK let’s get serious… well, a little bit serious anyway. When you’re choosing food (and drinks) this Christmas you may be able to lessen the negative impact (and increase the positive) by choosing the HIGHEST QUALITY. Choosing the best ingredients may literally have a different effect on your mind, body and Christmas spirit! If you drink them, organic wines and beers are particularly key choices in this one.

TOP TIP: Help keep the peace this Christmas by choosing the highest quality foods and drinks you can with the least amount of added sugars or artificial ingredients (Nakd Cocoa Chocolate Orange bar is my favourite!)

BONUS TIP: Drinking a nutrient dense smoothie with some high-quality fat (avocados, coconut oil even real butter from grass fed cows) can really help nourish your body and lessen sugar cravings.

Smoothie - Enrichd.org

NUMERO TRES - Help yourself, save the World (a bit)

When you’re making your purchases (this goes for gifts too), perhaps take a second and think about what you are actually buying and contributing to. Does the factory pump waste chemicals into rivers or landfill? Is it made of potentially harmful materials? Is the product from a farm where they use synthetic chemicals on the foods or animals? It might sound a bit grey, but this is real! You can make an amazing difference! We want you to LOVE the festive season, but if want to give yourself and this earth the best chance of thriving in the days, weeks, months and years to come - choose wisely and make a difference.

TOP TIP: Through your food choices you get to feel better - physically and emotionally. You can help the planet feel better through recycling or using eco wrapping paper, or even buying experiences rather than things this Christmas.

NUMERO QUATRO - Fat burning training

After some training tips too? Well, I guess I am a personal trainer and was an obese teenager so I do have some wisdom to share on this. The key to results is in doing it - action!

Your training should always be tailored to your fitness level and experience, so if you’ve not exercised in years then it might be wise to begin with regular short walks, swimming or a class at your local gym/leisure centre. If you have been exercising then you might like to try something a little more intense...

High Interval Intensity Training (HIIT) is a highly effective way of training for fat burning that can take as little as 11 minutes (including warm up) and has the capability to transform the human body after only a small number of sessions. The protocol? My favourite is Tabata:

• 5 minutes of warm-up
  • 8 intervals of 20 seconds all-out intensity exercise followed by 10 seconds of rest
  • 2 minutes cool-down

Bike sprints, running sprints, squats, burpees, jump rope are all good exercises for tabata.

Find the time to do this in the morning to get your body set up for feeling awesome! More info on tabata training here

TOP TIP: Just do it. Get out there and try the most suitable training for you to rev things up this Christmas! (Remember playing sport counts too).

NUMERO CINCO - Find your balance

Christmas can be a time where things can get a little stress, there are so many factors that come into play including family, buying gifts, drinking, partying, expectations, cooking, cleaning, money…

Just giving yourself as little as 5 minutes of silence a day without distraction (phone off, TV off, door shut) can make a hell of a difference. It’s a great practice to star up after your training, simply sit still and attune yourself to the air passing in and out of your nostrils as you breathe. Be sure to keep focused by bringing your mind back to that focus point each time it wanders, so it’s just breathing and the mind. That might just help keep your balance so you can really enjoy this Christmas with a little less drama ;)

TOP TIP: Give yourself 5 minutes each day to meditate. Close your eyes and breath through your nose, let your thoughts come and go. Simple.

Woah! There they are, your 5 tips on how to indulge the right way this Christmas!

It gives me GREAT pleasure to share this information with you, look for the next email about boosting your immune system, thanks for reading and feel free to follow me and visit Enrich.org

X HI THERE!

It looks like you're based in the United States
Would you like to shop from our US store?

Shop now