This is a lovely breakfast treat kindly sent to us by Ruth over at Makey Cakey - packed full of protein and fruity goodness. Perfect to fuel you up for the day ahead, particularly on cold, wet and windy days. Try one today!
- 2 Large pears
- 1 Large apple
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Water
- 2 Packs Nakd Lemon infused raisins
- 3 tbsp Ground flax seeds
- 1 Cup cooked quinoa (approx 1/3 cup uncooked, boiled until tender)
- 8 tbsp Almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 6 tbsp Brown rice syrup
- 2 tsp Ground ginger
- 1 Lemon zest
- 4 tbsp Mild olive oil
- 1/2 cup Gluten free flour blend
- 1 tsp Gluten free baking powder
- Peel, core and chop the pears (the skins can be quite bitter). Core and chop the apples (leave the skin on for extra fibre). Stew the apples and pears with the lemon juice and water until cooked but still holding their shape.
- Preheat the oven to 170C (160C fan) and grease a medium casserole dish
- Measure the cooked quinoa, almond milk and ground flax seeds into a mixing bowl, then liquidize with a hand blender until smooth, and the individual pieces of quinoa are no longer identifiable.
- Add the brown rice syrup, ginger, lemon zest, olive oil, stewed fruit and nakd lemon raisins and stir until combined
- Lastly, beat in the gluten free flour and baing powder, and tip the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- Level out with a spatula, then bake for 45mins-1hour until browned and firm to the touch
- Serve with a drizzle of soya cream or vegan yoghurt.