It’s that time again for another delicious recipe! This time we have a lovely fridge cake for you to try that’s packed with wholefood nutrition including fruits and nuts for a vegan, gluten free treat. Let’s get cooking!
- 4 Nākd cocoa delight bars
- 35g of vegan chocolate, broken into pieces
- 50g of whole, shelled pistachios
- 85g of gluten free biscuits, broken into small pieces
- 35g of chopped dried cherries
- 35g dairy free spread
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- 50g of almonds, roughly chopped
- 25g of Nākd Cherry Raisins
- Grab a baking tin (8 x 6”) and line the base with greaseproof paper and chop up your Nākd bars into small chunks.
- Place your chopped up Nākd bars, chocolate, syrup and dairy-free spread into a medium pan and heat the lot gently, stirring every now and then until everything has melted together and the Nākd bar, fruits and nuts have softened.
- Pour the rest of the ingredients into the mixture and stir it all together until the ingredients are evenly coated.
- Tip the mixture into the tin you prepared earlier and even it all out with the back of a spoon, putting slight pressure on it as well to press it all together.
- Put the baking tin and mixture into the fridge for at least two hours, or until it seems firm.
- Turn the cake onto a board, remove the baking paper and cut into equal squares.
- Tuck in!