A delicious cake with a base made up of our very own TREK Peanut Power Bars, this props up a fantastic mix of zesty and coconut flavours. Easy to knock up and incredibly tasty!
For the base:
3 TREK Peanut Power Bars. Chopped into small chunks.
100g desiccated coconut
Zest of 2 large lemons (finely grated).
1 tbsp heaped, coconut oil
2 tbsp coconut water/water.
Pinch of sea salt (optional).
For the filling:
400g cashew nuts soaked in water for 2hrs or overnight
Coconut cream from one tin of coconut milk
4 tbsp agave syrup/ date syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract.
Juice of half a lemon
30g Desiccated coconut
- Place all ingredients for the base into the food processor, pulse for a few minutes, stopping occasionally to push down the mixture. Then blend until the ingredients start to come together. You want the mixture to stick together when pressed together between your fingers.
- Empty the contents from the food processor into the silicon cake dish. Press down with the back of a dessert spoon, making sure the whole of the bottom of the dish is evenly covered. Place into the freezer.
- Wipe or rise out the food processor, then add all the filling ingredients. Blend until mixture looks something like houmous-like consistency. You will need to occasionally stop, push the mixture down and give a stir. Then continue blending until smooth.
- Take out the cake dish from the freezer. Add the filling from the food processor onto the base, spreading evenly with the back of a spoon. Keep the cake dish out of the freezer for now.
- Toast (on a medium heat) 30g of desiccated coconut in a pan, until golden brown. Pour evenly over the cake. Pressing down to help the coconut stick to the filling. Freeze for at least 2 hours, or leave in the freezer until you wish to serve the dessert.
- Take out of freezer, and leave at room temperature for approximately 30mins before serving.
- Store in an airtight container, in the fridge afterwards. Consume within 3 days once defrosted and stored in the fridge. Alternatively, slice up and store individually in the freezer, for a quick and convenient snack or pudding!