Crispy, melt-in your mouth meringues made without eggs, rich coconut cream, fresh apricots and the delicious texture of Nakd's new Apricot Crunch bar come together to create the most indulgent yet healthy Eton Mess!
For the meringue cookies:
- 1 tin of chickpeas in water
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
For the coconut whipped cream:
- 250ml coconut cream (you can also use the skimmed cream from a tin of chilled coconut milk)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- A punnet of fresh apricots, chopped into small chunks
- 3 Nakd Apricot Crunch bars
- Preheat the oven to 100C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Drain the liquid from the chickpea tin into a mixing bowl. The liquid should measure ¼ pint.
Whisk on high speed until it's doubled in size and soft peaks are formed. Slowly add the maple syrup. Stop whisking when it forms stiff peaks and you can hold it above your head without it falling.
- Dollop tablespoons of the meringue mixture onto the baking sheet. You can also use a piping bag to pipe mounds of meringue. Bake for approximately 1 ½ hours, until crisp. They will flatten as they bake but they will still be delicious, don't worry!
- Meanwhile, make the coconut whipped cream by whisking the coconut cream with the maple syrup and vanilla until airy and creamy.
- Break the Nakd bars into small crumbs (you can use a food processor to make it easier).
- In a large bowl, combine the whipped cream, fresh apricots and Nakd bars. Crush the meringues in and stir everything together. Serve into two dessert bowls and enjoy!
Per bowl: 508 kcal, 30g fat, 46g carbohydrates, 36g sugars, 3.5g fiber, 10.5g protein