Find out how to bake this fantastic raspberry ripple mini cake which finds sweet chocolate flavours colliding with sharp fruity tang - delicious and easy to make!
- 1 Nākd Berry Delight bar, flattened and cut using a 5 cm diameter cutter
- 50g dark chocolate
For the Raspberry Ripple:
- 70g fresh raspberries
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 10g water
For the Vegan Vanilla Cake:
- 1 ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- 125ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ⅕ tsp baking powder
- 40g vegetable oil
- 125g plain flour
- 60g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- Combine the apple cider vinegar with almond milk with and leave to the side. Pre-heat the oven to 200C. Grease and line a cake tin with parchment paper.
- Sift the baking powder, flour and sugar together and mix. Then add the almond extract, oil and almond milk with apple cider.
- Mix well until the contents have combined and place the mixture in the cake tin.
- Add drops of the raspberry ripple around the tin and use a knife to shape a sequence of swirls which should leave a marbling effect. Bake for 20 minutes - test whether it's ready by inserting a skewer inside the cake; it should come out clean when it's ready.
- Flatten the Nakd Berry Delight Bar with a rolling pin and cut up a 5 cm diameter circle. Use the same cutter to cut out cake circles.
- Place the Berry Delight circle on a plate, followed by 2 layers of the cake and drip melted chocolate on the top making sure it reaches the sides so it drips down.
- Place a raspberry with a Cocoa Bliss Nibble on the top and enjoy.
Recipe provided by Juliet Oscar Yankee in association with About Time Magazine.