Who loves cookies! Well, everyone really, but can you have your cookie and eat it too? With this recipe you can because this vegan-friendly treat is healthy, nutritious and better yet, gluten and dairy free! Here’s what you need to do…
- 200g ground almonds
- ½ tsp gluten-free baking powder
- A small pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp vegan spread or coconut oil
- 4 tbsp maple syrup or agave nectar
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 Nākd Berry Delight Bar, cut into chips
Preparation time: 10 minutes, plus 30 minutes chilling
Cooking time: 8-10 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 170c. And line a baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Mix together the ground almonds, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Then add the vegan spread, sweetener and almond extract and mix again until well combined.
- Stir in the Nākd Berry Delight chips until evenly incorporated into the mixture.
- Transfer the mixture between two sheets of clingfilm wrap and leave in the fridge for approximately 30 minutes, to firm up. Once firm, roll the dough out to about 1cm thickness and cut out your cookie shapes.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes, keeping a close eye on the oven and rotating the baking sheet a couple of times to prevent it from browning too much. Leave to cool before enjoying!