Looking for a healthy alternative to the classic ice-cream flavour? Well, look no further as Aimee Ryan from Wallflower Girl has sent us this awesome recipe using coconut milk and Nākd's Cashew Cookie & Cocoa Delight bars. This recipe serves eight people and takes only 15 minutes to prepare before an overnight freeze.
What you need:
- 2 Nākd Cashew Cookie Bars, cut into 1cm chunks
- 2 Nākd Cocoa Delight Bars, cut into small chips
- 120ml / ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 720ml / 3 cups coconut milk
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
Putting it all together:
- Mix 60ml (or a ¼ cup) of coconut milk with the arrowroot powder in a small bowl and put aside for later.
- Combine the rest of the coconut milk with the maple syrup into a large saucepan and bring to a boil. When the mixture begins to boil, stir in the arrowroot mixture to thicken the liquid before removing from the heat and stirring in the vanilla.
- Chill the mixture in the fridge until cold and give it a good mix. During the last few minutes of churning, add in the cocoa delight chips and cashew cookie chunks.
- Put your ice cream mixture into a freezer-safe container and freeze overnight, or for at least three hours.