Want something really tasty? Well, we have just the thing for you! Try out this amazingly awesome Mini Bakewell Tart recipe by the lovely Aimee Ryan from WallFlower Girl. Ready in under an hour from start to finish, these tasty tarts are vegan and gluten free, so just about anyone can enjoy them!
For the filling
- 3 Nakd Bakewell Tart Bars
- 25g of plain gluten-free flour
- 50g of ground almonds, and some flaked almonds for decoration
- 3 tsp of maple or agave nectar syrup
- 30g dairy-free soya spread
For the shortcrust pastry:
- 75g dairy-free soya spread
- 2 tsp of maple or agave nectar syrup
- 150g gluten-free flour
Time to get cooking! This method makes 20 tasty treats.
- Lightly grease a mini muffin tin and heat your over to 170 degrees.
- Sift the flour into the bowl of a food processor and add the soya spread to start on the pastry. Blend until the mixture begins to resemble breadcrumbs. You can also mix by using your fingertips. Move the mixture into another bowl and stir in your maple/agave syrup, adding a small amount of water until the dough comes together and is smooth. Wrap the lot in cling film and leave in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Whilst the pastry mixture is in the fridge, you can get to work on the filling Create an almond Frangipane by adding the agave nectar/maple syrup together with the dairy-free spread before adding the ground almonds and gluten free flour. Give it all a good mix until everything has been combined.
- Once your dough has chilled, roll it out between two sheets of cling film to around a quarter centimetre thickness. Use an upside-down glass or cookie cutter to cut out pastry shells which will fit into a mini muffin tin.
- Fill the shells with small pieces of Nakd Bakewell Tart bars, filling the bottom of the shells to around a third of the way up. Finally, spoon on the Frangipane mixture ontop of it and flatten it to create a smooth top.
- Decorate the top with flaked almonds and brush a small amount of the dairy-free milk before baking for 15 minutes, turning them halfway. Leave to cool for a few minutes and munch away!