Did someone say cookies? Perfect for an afternoon snack with a lovely cuppa or as a vegan-friendly contribution to a party, have a go at creating these spice oat cookies sent to us by our buddies over at Hillmotts. Tasty, easy and good for you too!
Makes 40 Cookies:
• 3/4 cup vegan margarine
• 1/3 cup granulated sugar
• 3/4 cup brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup non-dairy milk such as almond
• 1 cup whole wheat flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
• 3 cups quick-cooking oats
• 1 cup dried cranberries
• 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350F/180C for 15 minutes.
2. Cream together the margarine and sugars until smooth. Beat in the vanilla and milk.
3. Add the flour, baking soda and spice; mix well.
4. Stir in the oats, cranberries and pecans.
5. Spoon tablespoonful of dough on an ungreased baking sheet and bake between 12-15 minutes or until done. You can either bake 20 cookies at a time on one big sheet, or use two and switch them around halfway through baking.
6. Remove the baking sheets from the oven and stand the cookies on the sheet itself for 2-3 minutes before transferring it to the cooling rack and let it cool completely.
7. Get stuck in!