If you can find some baby carrots, beetroot and turnips, try this delicious root veg salad – you won’t be disappointed! Root veg such as these are rich in vitamins, minerals and fibre, and make a healthy and naturally colourful salad dish.
- 100g Baby Carrots
- 2-3 Baby Turnips
- 2-3 Baby Beetroots
- 1 tbsp Walnut Oil
- 3 Spring Onions diagonally sliced
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 75-100g Rocket, Watercress and Lamb's Lettuce
- Salt a pan of boiling water, and 'blanch' the root vegetables for 2-3 minutes, until tender but still 'crisp' to the bite
- Drain and run under a cold tap and set aside
- In a bowl, combine the leaves, with the sliced spring onion, and then add the cooked vegetables
- Add the lemon juice and the walnut oil, toss well and serve.