Here’s something quick, light but absolutely delicious. This lentil salad recipe comes from our friends at Hillmotts and is just perfect to whip up for lunch or quick main meal. Combining the great nutrition of lentils together with the distinct taste of red peppers, this one’s a real winner!
- 75g Puy lentils
- 1/4 red onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 50g roasted red peppers, sliced
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes
- A small bunch of basil
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Handful of mixed green leaves
- Cook the lentils in simmering water for 20 minutes before draining.
- Grab a bowl and soak the red onion in half of the lemon juice for 5 minutes.
- Once the lentils are cooked, add the drained onion, remaining lemon juice, peppers and tomatoes into the overall mixture.
- Stir through the basil and dress with olive oil.
- Arrange some salad leaves on each plate and spoon the lentil salad into the centre.