Quinoa is all the rage these days, providing an amazing array of nutritional benefits, including protein, calcium and antioxidants. So what can you do with it? Well, for one, you can follow the below recipe for a tasty and vibrant salad, gratefully received from our friends at Hilmotts. Ready in a jiffy and full of healthy ingredients!
For the salad
- 40g Quinoa cooked in vegetable Stock
- 1 Tablespoon of lime juice and 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Small handful of thinly sliced mango
- Grilled Tofu
- Handful of rocket
- A few small basil leaves chopped, to garnish
Dress it up in Chili and Basil
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- Cook the Quinoa as per instructions on the packet in vegetable stock. Then drain and coat in the lime juice and olive oil and season – set aside to cool
- To make the dressing combine the oil, sweet chilli sauce, chopped basil leaves and the lemon or lime juice together with a sprinkling of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper mix the dressing by hand. Then add more lemon or lime juice or seasoning if you want.
- To prepare the salad, thinly slice the mango and tofu before adding to the rocket and Quinoa. Mix together the lime juice and olive oil, and drizzle onto the salad.
- Serve and enjoy!