These delightful Tofu Fritattas can be brilliantly consumed in bitesize chunks but are packed full of flavour - find out how to make them here!
- 1 pack of firm silken tofu, drained
- ½ cup chopped mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- ¼ cup sweetcorn
- ¼ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped white onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup soya milk
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of mixed herbs (oregano and basil)
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 °C or gas mark 4 and spray medium muffin cup tray with non-stick spray.
- Heat a non-stick pan and sauté the onion, garlic, mushrooms, pepper, sweetcorn, sun-dried tomatoes and scallions in olive oil. Cook for 3 minutes until softened, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a food processor blend together tofu, soya milk, soy sauce, nutritional yeast, cornstarch, herbs, turmeric, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper until smooth.
- Fold the sautéed vegetables into the mixture and divide evenly among the muffin tray.
- Bake 25 to 35 to minutes or until tops are golden brown and knife inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes and remove from muffin tray.
- Serve warn with a side of fresh garden salad.