Curries are amazing – out of all the dishes out there, they are the ones that have the most depth and character due to the number of ingredients they have. At Natural Balance Foods we love a good curry (as long as it’s healthy and delicious)!
- 1/4 Large aubergine, cut into chunks
- 1/4 Green pepper, sliced
- 1 tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp Mild chilli powder
- 1/4 Onion, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Medium curry paste
- 75g Dried green lentils
- 250ml Vegetable Stock
- Handful of chopped fresh coriander
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan170°C/gas 5.
- Place the aubergine, cut into chunks, and green pepper, deseeded and slices, in a shallow roasting tin. Drizzle with vegetable oil and sprinkle with mild chilli powder. Stir well to coat, then bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a pan, gently fry chopped onion, for 5 minutes, until soft. Stir in your favourite medium curry paste.
- Stir in dried green lentils and 250ml vegetable stock and simmer for 25 - 30 minutes, or until the lentils are tender.
- Stir in the pepper and aubergine with the handful of chopped coriander.
- Voila, all done and ready to serve! We know you'll love this one, and of course if you prefer things a little hotter feel free to add a tiny bit more chilli but be careful!