This nourishing bowl of goodness is the perfect midweek meal - to speed things up, pre-cook your rice on a Sunday, keep in the fridge and save yourself 20 minutes! Super sweet potato is packed with vitamins for a nutritious and delicious dinner!
100g short grain brown rice
½ peeled & cubed butternut squash
½ an avocado
2 handfuls of kale
Handful pumpkin seeds
1 clove of garlic, grated/finely chopped
Seeds from ½ pomegranate
- 50g green beans, topped and tailed & cut into 1” pieces
For the dressing:
- 1 tbsp tahini, 1 tbsp olive oil, Juice from 1 lime, 1 tsp tamari, 1 tsp apple cider vinegar.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C. In a roasting tray, coat the squash in 1 tsp olive oil, the garlic and season with salt & pepper and pop in the oven to roast for 30 minutes.
- Cook the short grain brown rice in a pan of boiling water until cooked through (usually 20 mins)
- In the last 5 mins of cooking time of the rice, add the green beans & kale to a steamer above the rice.
- Drain the brown rice and set aside with the steamed beans & kale.
- Slice the avocado and take the squash out of the oven.
- For the dressing, put all the ingredients in a jar and shake, shake, shake!
- Assemble all your ingredients in a hearty bowl, sprinkle with the pomegranate & seeds and drizzle with the dressing.
- Dig in and enjoy!