Do you love Spaghetti Bolognese but wish there was a low-carb alternative? Well, fear not, our friends at Hilmotts have put together a great vegan recipe, perfect for wraps. Unleash your culinary skills and try this deliciously simple recipe tonight!
- 400g Vegetarian mince
- 2 Large red onions
- 3 Cloves of garlic
- 2 Celery sticks, chopped
- 2x 400g Canned tomatoes
- 2tbsp Olive oil
- Handful of fresh chopped basil
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan and fry the onions and garlic, frying until softened. Increase the heat. Add the mince and fry until it has browned.
- Reduce the temperature and stir in the tomatoes, basil and celery.
- Cover with a lid and simmer over a gentle heat for 1-1½ hours until it's rich and thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with Spinach in a wholemeal wrap or in a bowl layered with fresh uncooked Spinach