Just in time for the summer, we have a great recipe for you to try. Bursting at the seams with exciting flavours this recipe from our buddies at Hillmotts is a real winner that you just have to try. Impress friends, family and loved ones with your skills!
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 3 Carrots, coarsley grated
- 200g Couscous
- 1 Container of extra firm tofu
- 16 Cherry tomatoes
- 1 Onion, cut into 12 thin wedges, leaving root intact
- 1 tbsp Harissa
- 2 tsp Tahini paste
- 2 tbsp Low-fat natural yoghurt
- 1 Small garlic clove, crushed
- Juice 1/2 lemon, plus wedges to serve
- Handful mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a pan with the cumin seeds and toast for a few mins until aromatic. Tip in the carrots, season, then cook for 3 mins until tender.
- Transfer to a bowl, then pour over the couscous and 400ml of hot water. Cover with cling film and leave for 10 mins, or until all the water has been absorbed and the couscous is tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the grill to high. Put the tofu, cherry tomatoes and onion wedges in another bowl, season, then stir in the harissa.
- Thread everything onto skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak them in water first to prevent burning), then lay on a baking tray. Grill for 2-3 mins each side, or until the tofu is cooked through.
- Mix the tahini, yogurt, garlic, lemon juice and seasoning to make a sauce. Fork the mint though the couscous, transfer to a platter and place the skewers on top.
- Drizzle over any cooking juices, and serve with a dollop of sauce and lemon wedges.