Celeriac is a nutritious, mineral-rich autumn/winter root vegetable, high in fibre and low in carbohydrate calories. Here, the delightfully smooth mash is enthused with coconut and nutmeg flavours.
- 400g celeriac
- 20g unsweetened dessicated coconut
- 1 tsp grated nutmeg (or ready ground), or grated lemon zest if you have it.
- Wash and trim the celeriac, removing most of the “root base”.
- Cut into manageable chunks, and boil in water, or steam with a touch of sea salt for 10-15 minutes
- Test readiness by piercing with a sharp knife. It should be soft.
- Drain, and mash with the desiccated coconut and nutmeg, and/or lemon zest. Serve immediately.
Try serving this tasty vegetable dish as an accompaniment to a rich bean and tomato stew, or a vegetable soup.