Sweet potatoes make for a healthy, colourful and filling alternative to the usual tortilla chips. The perfect Saturday night film food!
- 2 sweet potatoes sliced into ½ cm rounds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 garlic clove grated
- 1 x 400g cooked black beans (drained)
- 100g cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- Jalapenos – as many as you like!!
- A handful of coriander, chopped
- 2 spring onions sliced
- The juice of 1 lime, squeezed
Guacamole: 1 avocado, mashed up with juice of ½ a lime, ½ garlic clove (crushed), salt & pepper, ½ a red chilli chopped
Vegan sour cream: 75g cashew nuts (soaked in water for at least 4 hours & drained), 2 tbsp lemon juice, ½ tsp nutritional yeast and 2 tbsp water.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C. On a baking tray, coat the sweet potatoes in the olive oil, cumin seeds, garlic and salt & pepper. Roast for 10-15 minutes until golden & cooked through.
- Whilst the sweet potatoes are in the oven, make your guacamole by mixing all the ingredients together and sour cream by blending all ingredients in a high speed blender and leave aside.
- In a pan, heat up 1 tsp olive oil, add the chopped red onion, garlic, smoked paprika and 1 tsp cumin seeds and sweat until the onion turns translucent (about 5 mins). Add the black beans, add the lime juice and fry for an extra two minutes.
- Grab a large serving plate and layer up your sweet potatoes, black beans, spring onions, tomatoes, jalapenos & dips. Sprinkle with coriander and voila, tuck in!